[NNTP] Fwd: Gen-art review of draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming-05

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 13 13:13:09 PDT 2005

Ade Lovett <ade at lovett.com> writes:

> I've read it over and I have to admit that I'm siding with Ken on this
> one as being more of an implementation issue than anything.

I really don't understand this at all.  How is the interaction between
multiple streams of CHECKs not a protocol issue?

> Client behavior in the case of the TCP session going away is already
> covered elsewhere, and it would presumably try to reconnect.  As to what
> the server does at this point is again an implementation detail, eg:

> 	"502 bad runaway client, no cookie, contact news at example.com"

Picking a random status code out of a hat is definitely not an
implementation detail.  This problem is not a case where the client needs
to acquire different authentication credentials.  You meant 400.