[NNTP] Header terminology

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Jun 13 07:14:49 PDT 2005

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Forwarding from USEFOR.  What do folks think about making the editorial
> changes noted below for compatibility with mail terminology?  See the end
> of Richard's message for the exact details; other than in the base
> document (which might not be worth the hassle), the changes are trivial
> and I don't think they reduce the readability any.

The change seems reasonable to me.  I never really liked the overloading
of the term "header".  In one case it means a single "header field", and
in the other it means the entire message "header" (as opposed to the
"body").

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127