[NNTP] AUTHINFO diffs

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Jun 8 16:40:15 PDT 2005

On Jun 8, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:

>  Table of Contents
>
> -     0. Changes from Previous Version ............................  2
> +     0. Meta-information on this draft ...........................  2

What happens when section 0 is removed?  Does the RFC editor take
responsibility for repaginating the text and updating the table of
contents?

>       Future extensions may add additional arguments to this
> capability.
> -     Unrecognized arguments SHOULD be ignored or brought to the
> -     attention of the user.
> +     Unrecognized arguments MUST be ignored by the client.

(We're talking here about the AUTHINFO capabilities line.)

I'm not sure I agree with this change.  Perhaps the user would like to
be notified of new AUTHINFO methods.  Regardless, this is a user
interface issue and not a protocol issue, so I'm skeptical of the
appropriateness of dictating it.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org