[NNTP] AUTHINFO diffs

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Jun 8 13:41:22 PDT 2005

Russ Allbery wrote:

  > I would rather not require TLS.  Adding SASL support is significantly
> easier than adding TLS support.  Requiring GSSAPI feels like a non-starter
> to me as well; some Cyrus SASL builds don't even include GSSAPI with the
> default module set due to the other library dependencies.
>
> This makes me think that we should probably wait for DIGEST-MD5, as much
> as I dislike that.  :/  Do we have any feel for how long that delay is
> going to be?

Not really, but I think it shouldn't drag on much past the next IETF.

I don't recall, will the base document block on AUTHINFO?  If not, then
I'd say lets wait for DIGEST-MD5 and move base, TLS and STREAMING forward.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127