[NNTP] More Last Call Completions

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 8 12:27:57 PDT 2005

Scott Hollenbeck <sah at 428cobrajet.net> writes:

> There were several comments received and discussed during the last call
> period:

> draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo:
> Comment from Mark Crispin that "These documents should be part of the base
> NNTP specification".

I don't believe that making this change at this stage is worth the delay
that it would incur.  I would rather look at merging the documents at a
later stage, perhaps at Draft Standard stage, once we know how widely
implemented AUTHINFO SASL is.  Right now, AUTHINFO SASL is fairly new and
unproven compared to what's in the base draft.

> draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp:
> Exchange with Eric Rescorla et al.

Ken is working on a revision for this.

> draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming:
> General area review from Elwyn Davies.

I commented on the specific bits where I agreed; I'm not sure that I agree
with the other comments.  I'd really like to see more discussion of this
message from the other WG participants.

I don't think that setting up a response registry is something we should
tackle at this stage in the process; instead, I think we should defer it.

New versions of all three extension documents are needed to address the
editorial comments as well as the TLS review and some of the comments from
Elwyn Davies.