[NNTP] Extensions drafts

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Jun 7 16:36:34 PDT 2005

On Jun 7, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:
>
>> I was sent a message offline about the fact that the extension drafts
>> discuss some of the generic responses (namely 480, 483, 504), but
>> don't
>> list them in the formal syntax/response sections.

> I think we talked a bit about this at some point in the past.
> Personally,
> I'd rather not duplicate information already in the base document,
> since
> if the base document adds more generic return codes at some point in
> the
> future for some reason, it's just more places to update

Yeah, the list seemed to feel that we should not include the generic

However, if anyone wants to see language that the generic codes still
apply, I guess we could put that somewhere (maybe in the Summary of
Response Codes section, although that doesn't seem like the ideal
place).

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org