[NNTP] Re: GenART reviews of draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-07 and draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-09

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Jul 23 08:06:51 PDT 2005

Ned Freed wrote:

> Why not simply refer to draft-ietf-sasl-gssapi-02.txt - I assume that's
> the document you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with having
> a reference to an I-D; the RFC Editor knows how to handle them.

That's what I originally had, but discussion on the list urged/forced me
to only reference RFCs and include the note to the editor to update the
references if the appropriate I-Ds moved to RFCs before our document.
I'll gladly go back to referencing the most current I-Ds.

Russ?

> I have to say I'm always amused when this happens: Wording which was good
> enough to be published in one RFC doesn't pass muster when reused.

Me too.  Its happened a few times with both docs, which pretty much
stole all applicable text from the SASL and TLS profiles for IMAP, POP3
and SMTP.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127