[NNTP] Article number wording

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jul 18 15:42:19 PDT 2005

> To have something more concrete to talk about, here's what I think several
> people are asking for.  Note that I still haven't been convinced this is
> the right thing to do, particularly now, but it's easier to discuss the
> proposal when there's text to look at.

I strongly object, and I expect that the better part of the
implementations won't follow this.

I understand that putting up arbitrary limits is tricky as the limit
might be chosen too low, but article numbers are THE primary index -
introducing arbitrary length integers here is going to hurt big time -
implementors and execution speed.

--
Matthias Andree