[NNTP] 64-bit article counter extension strawman

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Jul 18 09:16:53 PDT 2005

Russ Allbery wrote:

> An extension such as what we're discussing here could be written up in a
> separate draft and go forward on its own schedule, and then be considered
> for inclusion into the base document during the draft standard revision (I
> think we're allowed to do that sort of thing).

Right.  I just think its important to make sure that we have something
that we believe is workable sooner rather than later.  If it turns out
that we can't come up with a viable extension without changes to the
base spec (which I do NOT believe is the case at this point), then we
should re-evaluate.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127