[NNTP] Extension snapshots 3

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jan 14 11:18:01 PST 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:

>> Here are the latest versions of the extensions docs.  Hopefully all
>> changes mandated by the recent base draft text and list traffic have
>> been implemented.  Notable changes since the pre2 drafts are listed
>> below.
>>
>> http://www.oceana.com/ftp/drafts/draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-06pre3.txt
>> http://www.oceana.com/ftp/drafts/draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming-03pre3.txt
>> http://www.oceana.com/ftp/drafts/draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-04pre3.txt
>

> I'd appreciate comments on these by the end of the week.  I'll be on
> vacation 1/16 - 1/30 and I'd like to submit these to the I-D editor
> before I leave.
>
> The only notable change to the above docs is a slight re-wording of the
> SASL mechanism list advertisement after authentication text (posted in
> another thread).

I was completely underwhelmed by the feedback on these, but since I'm
going to be offline more often than not over the next two weeks, I went
ahead and submitted these to the I-D editor.  They should show up in the
repository early next week.  I have also posted them under
http://www.oceana.com/ftp/drafts

The only other change that I added is an outstanding issue to STREAMING
asking whether or not there are any security issues that need to be
discussed.  For instance, can a DoS attack be launched on a
non-streaming server by bombarding it with TAKETHIS?

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127