[NNTP] Capability modifiers

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Feb 10 00:28:16 PST 2005

Kai Henningsen said:
>> If we remove modifiers entirely, we still want to say *something* about
>> extensibility of the CAPABILITIES syntax,
> Why?

Because we should be able to design a extensible mechanism this time,
instead of having to patch around problems from lack of thinking.

And because, in particular, CAPABILITIES tells you what features are
available, and having to see whether a feature to tell you what features
are supported is supported before using it to find out what features are
supported is a really dumb idea.