[NNTP] Consensus?

Steve Walker nntp at nntpserver.com
Thu Aug 11 08:22:28 PDT 2005

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

>I very much DO agree with this. Let's get this document out of the door and
>try to find a workable solution before the problem actually becomes major.
>[As I said, I have no problem with putting a warning about future
>directions in the document.]

Considering the decade long periods between revisions it's certainly
possible that many others will also have overflow problems before
anything is done. You can say that some people plan on updating the
RFC's sooner, but past history proves otherwise.  I can see much more
harm being done by being impatient.  How can spending a couple weeks to
fix a major flaw not be justified?

Steve Walker