[NNTP] AUTHINFO & STARTTLS updates

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 5 11:03:32 PDT 2005

Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:

> Should I go ahead and submit these docs with the updated text that I
> posted a few days ago?  The silence has been deafening, and I don't know
> if this means that nobody read the posts, they don't have any problem
> with the changes, or they just don't care.

Sorry, I've been swamped.

The only worry that I had is that I wasn't sure if the AUTHINFO wording
about using stringprep was strong enough, and I was planning on checking
with Ted and Sam to see what they thought, but hadn't had a chance to
write that message.

I should be able to do that later today, unless you want to beat me to it.