[NNTP] AUTHINFO USER/PASS charset & canonicalization

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Aug 1 13:34:13 PDT 2005

Russ,

I'm not sure I know what you're recommending at this point.  Should I
remove all references to UTF-8, calling the username and password
arguments just "string" or "octet string" and use B-CHAR instead of
P-CHAR in the formal grammar?

What, if anything, are we saying about canonicalization of username?
Should I say implementations "MAY" or "SHOULD" use SASLprep?

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127