[NNTP] Re: GenART reviews of draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-07 anddraft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-09

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Aug 1 07:56:06 PDT 2005

Dondeti, Lakshminath wrote:

> Paul Hoffman (RFC 3207's author) just clarified this for me :-).  No
> revision is needed from my view point now.  (If you do want to make a
> change, perhaps revising along the lines of "when the client itself
> received them" or "when the client originally received them" to bring
> out the receive/forward aspect might help folks like me).

I changed the sentence to use your suggestion with (hopefully) an
additional clarification:

"Furthermore, just because an NNTP server can authenticate an NNTP
client, it does not mean that the articles from the NNTP client were
authenticated by the NNTP client when the client itself received them
(prior to forwarding them to the server)."

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127