[NNTP] LISTGROUP wording

Andrew - Supernews andrew at supernews.net
Thu Apr 28 04:38:19 PDT 2005

 >> He pointed out that he wasn't storing the group name anywhere. I
 >> assumed that made LISTGROUP (no arguments) hard to implement.

No. It makes it hard to return the group name as part of the response.

 Charles> I find it hard to see how he manages to implement commands
 Charles> such as ARTICLE and NEXT if he does not keep some state
 Charles> variable pointing to something representing the current
 Charles> group.

Yup, but internally it suffices (or has sufficed) to keep an internal
identifier for the currently-open group.

 Charles> If so, it hardly seems rocket science to attach the group
 Charles> name to that "something".

Sure, it's a SMOP, but it's one that I wasn't expecting since there is
no other place where the group name is needed.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com