[NNTP] draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-04

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Sep 29 19:18:30 PDT 2004

On Sep 29, 2004, at 3:19 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:

> I'll note that continuing to advertise AUTHINFO SASL: is only required
> id a security layer is in place.  Any thoughts on whether we should
> continue to advertise AUTHINFO USER in this case?  (For the record, I
> don't see the point).

One quick question -- are there any standalone encryption-via-SASL
utilities, along the lines of stunnel for TLS?

(If so, I can contrive a case where somebody might want to use AUTHINFO
USER after a SASL security layer is established.  For practical
purposes, I think we can probably ignore this case.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org