[NNTP] Comments on draft-...-authinfo-03

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 12:52:38 PDT 2004

Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:

> We could go back to what Chris Newman had originally had which is a
> separate capability for SASL, eg,

> before authentication:

> AUTHINFO USER SASL
> SASL PLAIN CRAM-MD5

> after authentication:

> SASL PLAIN CRAM-MD5

I'm ambivalent about this.  I don't mind this, but I also don't mind what
we already have.  I'm willing to endorse the change, but only if what we
have now really bothers people and the general consensus is that this
would be a substantial improvement; if not, I'd rather err on the side of
going with what we have so that we can get a document released.