[NNTP] draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming-02

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Fri Oct 15 03:21:47 PDT 2004

Ken Murchison said:
> The existing paragraph was taken verbatim (other then the 432) from the
> base doc.  Does this change also apply to IHAVE, or does TAKETHIS have
> subtle differences from IHAVE in the wild?

Hang on.

As I see it, the 432 response to TAKETHIS has exactly the same meaning as
the 436 response to IHAVE. We explicitly list 436 as being possible after
the article body has been sent. So when do existing servers generate this
response? If they do, why shouldn't they generate 432 in the same
situation?