[NNTP] Current NNTP draft status

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Oct 13 20:39:03 PDT 2004

Russ Allbery wrote:

> I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks of vacation, during which time I won't
> have access to my e-mail and won't be able to do IETF work.
> Unfortunately, we didn't get quite as much done as I was hoping before my
> vacation, as a few more questions, clarifications, and changes came up
> with the AUTHINFO and TLS documents.

I believe that I have all of the necessary changes to TLS implemented
(as posted on another thread) and will submit an updated draft soon.

As soon as I hear from Clive on one outstanding issue with AUTHINFO,
I'll push out another draft.

I'll also gather feedback on STREAMING and update within a week or so.

> If everyone would look over the LIST EXTENSIONS proposal that I sent out
> and comment on it, I'd really like to get consensus about this by the time
> I get back or shortly thereafter, if at all possible.  This obviously has
> to be cleared up before any of our documents can advance.

Once this issue is resolved, we'll need one more round of tweaks to the
extension docs (mostly with examples) to bring them inline with the base
doc.

If all goes well, we can have all 4 docs proceed together.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127