[NNTP] Re: [ietf-nntp] draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming-01.txt

Charles Lindsey chl at clerew.man.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 07:42:19 PDT 2004

In <416C5BF9.7020004 at oceana.com> Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:

>I guess what I'm getting at is is MODE STREAM a formal part of the
>STREAMING extension, or just an obsolete command that some
>implementations may need for backwards compatibility.

It its situation in any way different from MODE READER? Do we not regard
that as unnecessary, but continue to do it because some implementations
require it? If the situation is similar, then it should be handled in the
same way.

Email: chl at clerew.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.