[NNTP] Snapshot 2 and straw poll

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Wed Nov 10 08:58:34 PST 2004

I've produced a second snapshot, available at
<http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-2.txt>
<http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-2.html>

For this one I moved generic LIST back to being a core command rather than
an extension, but it doesn't have to accept any keywords other than the
three mandatory ones. The functionality is identical to 25.pre-1, but the
presentation is different.

In my personal opinion, this is a better approach than pre-1.

I can easily use either version in the next draft, and both will require
some trivial tuning when we resolve the other issues on the table. In
the meantime, I'd like opinions and so am calling a straw poll:

[A]  I prefer this approach in 25.pre-2.
[B]  I prefer the LIST extension approach in 25.pre-1.
[C]  I prefer the optional command approach of draft 24.
[D]  They're all bad, here's my suggestion:

Please read the versions and comment.