[NNTP] Re: NNTP working group status

Francois Petillon fantec at proxad.net
Wed Nov 10 02:49:23 PST 2004

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Well, I personally agree with the messages that Andrew has sent on the
> topic -- this isn't just a question of a particular implementation choice,
> but rather is fairly fundamental to the way that NNTP works.  Diablo
> doesn't require MODE READER just because Diablo doesn't even allow the
> feeder and reader components to run on the same *system* without a lot of
> careful work.

I do not know if Diablo may be a good example here. Reader side receive
a feed from specified IPs. From these IPs, you can not access to mode
reader and you are only allowed to feed the server : there is no way to
switch from one mode to the other (and in fact, I have never see any
complaints about it).

   François