[NNTP] LIST EXTENSIONS (again)

Mark Crispin MRC at CAC.Washington.EDU
Tue Nov 9 18:30:40 PST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Andrew - Supernews wrote:
> Mark> That's great, but it declares at least one existing deployed
> Mark> implementation (Diablo?) to be broken, right?
> Yes.

Well, then, we are all agreed that MODE READER is broken.

Therefore, it is pointless to argue that the charter prohibits action.
The charter does not prohibit fixing things that are broken.

Otherwise, I can argue that requiring MODE READER before AUTHINFO breaks a
widely deployed client (Pine), and therefore the WG is prohibited from
doing that by the charter.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.