[NNTP] LIST EXTENSIONS (again)

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Nov 9 17:56:39 PST 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 6:57 AM, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> Russ says:
>>
>> This is equivalent to having NNTPv2, NNTPv3, etc. extension labels
>> that
>> can all be advertised together if the revisions are compatible
>> somehow.  I
>> think this is the best approach to take.
>
> Right. Except that it would be "_NNTP_ 2 3".

Is everyone in agreement that we need the special underscores here?  It
strikes me as a strange and unnecessary distinction, or perhaps I just
haven't thought about it hard enough.

On a related note, I don't think we need to cram everything under
discussion this week into a single line of LIST EXTENSIONS; if we want
to indicate specification revision and command sets available, can't we
just make them two separate lines?

(Oh, and would VERSION be a better name?)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org