[NNTP] Snapshot

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Nov 8 09:15:04 PST 2004

I've put a snapshot of the current text up at:
  <http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-1.txt>
  <http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-1.html>
  <http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft25.pre-1.nr>
so that people can see where we are. This includes:
* new restrictions on command names and extension labels;
* no optional commands any more;
* new LIST extension;
* consequential changes;
* other minor fixes since draft 24.
It does not deal with all the version number and MODE READER stuff we're
still discussing, since that doesn't feel solid enough yet to try to word.

Please could people look at the changed sections and check I haven't missed
any consequential stuff. Thanks.

Changed sections:
* 3.1
* 3.2.1 (503 response, 401 response, 400 response)
* 5.2 (MODE-READER => MODE_READER)
* 5.3
* 7.3.2
* 7.6 (some sections removed, 7.6.3 is new)
* 7.6.2.2
* 7.6.2.3
* 8 (minor wording change, and break out 8.1, thus renumbering 8.2 onwards)
* 8.1
* 8.2 extra entry
* 8.6.2.1 no longer optional
* 8.6.2.2
* 8.6.2.3
* 8.8 new section
* 9, including new 9.6 and other changes
* 12 (add Mark, correct Ken)
* C (215 response code)
* D.4 new section