[NNTP] LIST EXTENSIONS (again)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Nov 2 11:51:42 PST 2004

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> Um, I'm not going to swear there's no other significant options that are
> worth noting here. Can anyone think of any?

I was just scanning nntp-24 and noticed that LIST OVERVIEW.FMT is listed
as optional.  This seems somewhat questionable to me.  If the server
advertises support for OVER, what shouldn't it support LIST
OVERVIEW.FMT?  If the answer is because some legacy implementations
don't support it, my response is who cares?  OVER is new and we can and
should be able to enforce support for LIST OVERVIEW.FMT.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127