[NNTP] LIST EXTENSIONS and an NNTPv2 capability

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Nov 2 08:00:51 PST 2004

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> Mark Crispin said:
>
>>>I'd still like to hear from client authors here.
>>
>>I am an NNTP client author, *not* an NNTP server author.
>

> Um, yes. But Ken (I think) was saying you're the only one.

Yes, I was pointing out that he was the only client author that we've
heard from.  This is actually disconcerting that with all of the NNTP
clients out there (it seems everyone has their own favorite) that only
one has chosen to take part in this list (although somewhat late).

I don't know if this is because they don't know that work is being done
to update NNTP, they became frustrated with past work and stopped paying
attention (which is where Mark was for a while), or they just don't care.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127