[ietf-nntp] RE: How to organize the base NNTP draft

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri May 28 13:45:26 PDT 2004

Scott Hollenbeck <sah at 428cobrajet.net> writes:

> It should be decided sooner rather than later.  The IESG won't approve
> the base draft without a clear indication of what's happening with TLS
> and AUTHINFO.

Could you give me some help on the best decision to make here, then?  I
think the alternatives are putting everything together into the same
draft, or publishing the base document and then sending the TLS and
AUTHINFO documents to last call at about the same time.

Which of those would work better from the IETF perspective given the
charter of the group?  I'm not sure what the implications of moving astray
of our charter in order to satisfy IESG feedback are.