[ietf-nntp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-00.txt

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon May 17 07:53:37 PDT 2004

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:

>>Section 2.2.1: again, drop the generic responses. The responses should
>>be split by phase, as with POST.
>

> Agreed on the splitting.

Split them how?  Unless I'm mistaken, none of the responses (including a
new 481 response) are phase specific for either USER/PASS or SASL.  In
other words, any of the responses are valid at any point in the exchange.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127