[ietf-nntp] news: and nntp: URLs

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Wed Mar 10 03:16:01 PST 2004

Back in October there was a brief flurry of messages concerning I-D
draft-hoffman-rfc1738bis-01, which talked about the news and nntp URL
schemes. Before that, there was draft-gilman-news-url-02, which expired
many years ago. I think the one consensus we had was that both were wrong
and that we needed a new document specifically for news URLs.

Now we have the main document just about out of the way, would this be a
good time to take up this work? I'm happy to write/edit the document,
and to liase with the URL working group, but do we need a formal mandate
from anyone to do so?

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646