[ietf-nntp] draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-01.txt

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Mar 8 03:39:35 PST 2004

Ken Murchison said:
>>     o  The extension does not alter pipelining, but the STARTTLS
>>        command cannot be pipelined.
> The STARTTLS command *can* be the last command in the pipeline.  I don't
> know if this is worth mentioning.

The meaning of the term is:

    If the specific description of a command says it "MUST NOT be
    pipelined", that command MUST end any pipeline of commands. That
    is, the client MUST NOT send any following command until receiving
    the CRLF at the end of the response from the command. The server
    MAY ignore any data received after the command and before the CRLF
    at the end of the response is sent to the client.

So I think the present text is fine.

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646