[ietf-nntp] Draft 21

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Mar 4 00:36:54 PST 2004

Russ Allbery said:
> This is a very minor point, but it may be worthwhile for one of the LIST
> ACTIVE results to have numbers padded with leading zeroes (just so that
> client authors see an example of this as a valid response).

Done.

Having thought about it, I have changed:

    Article numbers MUST lie between 1 and 4,294,967,295 inclusive.
    The client and server SHOULD NOT use leading zeroes in specifying
    article numbers, and MUST NOT use more than 16 digits.

to:

    Article numbers MUST lie between 1 and 4,294,967,295 inclusive.
    The client and server MAY use leading zeroes in specifying
    article numbers, but MUST NOT use more than 16 digits.

since the SHOULD NOT doesn't provide any useful benefit.

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646