[ietf-nntp] Draft 21

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 3 22:51:09 PST 2004

Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:

> Okay, there's a pre-release of the draft at
> <http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft21.pre-1.txt> and
> <http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft21.pre-1.html>.

> The former has diff-marks in it; they were hand-generated, so won't be
> repeated in future.

This is a very minor point, but it may be worthwhile for one of the LIST
ACTIVE results to have numbers padded with leading zeroes (just so that
client authors see an example of this as a valid response).  Example:

list active misc.test
215 Newsgroups in form "group high low flags".
misc.test 0000525885 0000525400 y
.

INN pads numbers to ten digits (so that the high and low water marks can
be changed in the active file in-place on disk).

Other than this, the new draft looks great to me.