[ietf-nntp] Fwd: draft-ietf-nntpext-base-22.txt ready for Last Call

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 23 12:41:49 PST 2004

Some syntax errors in the ABNF:

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <sah at 428cobrajet.net>
To: "'Russ Allbery'" <rra at stanford.edu>
Cc: "'Ned Freed'" <ned.freed at mrochek.com>, <sah at 428cobrajet.net>,
        "'Ted Hardie'" <hardie at qualcomm.com>
Subject: RE: draft-ietf-nntpext-base-22.txt ready for Last Call
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:56:08 -0500

Russ,

I found some errors in the ABNF that will need to be fixed:

multiline-response-content: article-response /
The ":" should probably be a "=".

UPPER = %41-5A
Should be "UPPER = %x41-5A".

To be perfectly honest I'd like to start enforcing a policy where any
protocol syntax errors or I-D nits errors will be cause for rejecting a
request for last call.  Ted and I haven't had a chance to discuss or
announce a such a policy, though, so I'll just flag these for now and we'll
see what comes up when you can point me to the WG last call info.

-Scott-