[ietf-nntp] RE: How to organize the base NNTP draft

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 3 20:35:37 PDT 2004

Scott Hollenbeck <sah at 428cobrajet.net> writes:

>> Could you give me some help on the best decision to make here, then?  I
>> think the alternatives are putting everything together into the same
>> draft, or publishing the base document and then sending the TLS and
>> AUTHINFO documents to last call at about the same time.

>> Which of those would work better from the IETF perspective given the
>> charter of the group?  I'm not sure what the implications of moving
>> astray of our charter in order to satisfy IESG feedback are.

> The latter.

Okay, then.  I think the next step is to get a new revision of the
AUTHINFO draft out and then move quickly towards WG last call on both that
and the TLS draft.

Have the last round of comments on the TLS draft already been reflected in
the currently published I-D?  (I think I'm remembering that they haven't,
but I'm not sure.)

Once those are both in WG last call, or maybe IETF last call, maybe the
IESG can advance the base document (with the changes required from the
other comments received so far)?