[ietf-nntp] :bytes metadata

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Feb 5 06:55:07 PST 2004

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

>> Perhaps. It feels wrong to me to have these under-specified features, given
> that we've made changes from historical practice (calling it ":bytes", for
> example). But it looks like I'm alone on this.

No, you're not alone.  I don't like having fuzzy specs either.  The
problem is that the audience/participation on this list is really small,
and seems to only contains server authors.  I think an issue like this
needs to be fed to a larger audience, like the newsgroups, and hopefully
we'll get some input from client authors.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127