[NNTP] MS outlook with NNTP server

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Dec 8 05:40:32 PST 2004

prasanna.tananthanpillai at wipro.com wrote:
> Guys...is it possible for microsoft outlook to get connected with linux
> based nntp server? I have been trying for the last 3 days, it gets
> connected but it doesnt act to the response 200 for the MODE READER, the
> newsreader client just keeps waiting for a response even though i have
> made the server send a 200 code. i tried creating my own client, it is
> working then! So is it a problem with MS Outlook

This is not the correct forum for asking these types of questions.  This
forum is for the *design* of the NNTP protocol, NOT for providing
implementation or debugging help.  Please direct these questions to
somewhere like the news.software.nntp newsgroup.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127