[NNTP] [2507] What to do with MODE READER?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Dec 2 06:59:00 PST 2004

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> Assuming for the moment that we're keeping mode-switching servers, is
> everyone now happy with the 25-pre4 wording for MODE READER?

Based on the earlier posts, you'll want to remove the 401 response from
the example(s).

Are we still planning on having a MODE_READER capability?  Without this
or the 401 response, a 502 response doesn't definitively tell the client
that its needs to do MODE READER (unless I'm missing something).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127