[NNTP] [2503] Allow mode-switching servers?

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Dec 2 02:53:18 PST 2004

Ken Murchison said:
> I'm in favor of B to clean up the protocol, but from an implementation
> standpoint does it really matter?  Isn't the cat already out of the bag
> on this one?
>
> I think its already been determined that given its current architecture,
> making INN a full-time general purpose server is a non-starter, at least
> for the short term.

I thought Mark Crispin was going to take a six-pack of beer over to Russ
and fix that code? Or did I misunderstand?

How are we going to resolve the stuff about the ordering of AUTHINFO/TLS
and MODE READER?

Question: if mode-switching stands, are people happy with the way I present
it in pre4? In particular, Ken, are you happy that this better addresses
the stuff about using extensions before and after MODE READER?