[ietf-nntp] List moderation

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:54:09 PDT 2004

Hello folks,

Stan set me up as a moderator for the list so that I could make sure that
last call comments got through, but in the process I've discovered that
it's basically impossible to really go through the rejects right now.
This list gets upwards of 100 messages a day that are rejected by the list
filters, generally by spam checks, and there are so many messages in the
approval queue that Mailman crashes before it can display the web page
interface.

I personally don't have time to read and deal with each of those messages
by hand.

Obviously this isn't ideal, but given where we are at in this process, I
don't really want to put a lot of work into trying to fix it (which would
almost certainly involve creating a new mailing list and abandoning this
one, since it's obviously on every spam list in existence at this point).
Accordingly, I'd prefer to live with this if we can.

If you are having problems getting your mail through this mailing list,
please contact me!  I believe that everything is set up in a way that's
causing everything to work properly (I'm pretty impressed, actually,
having seen the mess in the raw incoming mail), but if there was some
problem that you just hadn't mentioned, let me know about it.