ietf-nntp LIST EXTENSIONS non-pipelined and non-cacheable?

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Wed Sep 10 08:09:14 PDT 2003

Ken Murchison said:
>> This has made me think of something. Would it help if LIST EXTENSIONS had a
>> way of saying "I also provide this extension, but not in the current
>> state"?
> I think this is overkill, especially is not client is going to use LIST
> EXTENSIONS, which is what I'm gleening from the big pushback.

I'm not gleaning that at all.

The objection is to requiring its use (even via SHOULD). Encouraging is
fine.

In that context, is it worth providing such a feature?

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646