ietf-nntp 32/64 bit question

Anton Chr. Lauridsen alauridsen at oppsol.com
Tue Oct 14 05:27:40 PDT 2003

The important thing for me is a means to support more than 4 bilion
posts in one group. The original RFC is dated back in 1986, back then 4
bilion was an incredible large number. I do not believe in the 2000
years margin, I believe that the increase in posts will be non-liniar.

A BIGNUM exension will work just fine for now. I am wrong no harm has
been done, if I am right, almost all servers and readers will eventually
have to support this extension.