ietf-nntp LIST EXTENSION caching, latest wording

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 13 14:03:55 PDT 2003

Clive D W Feather <clive at demon.net> writes:

> Do you want another pre-release version put up on the web site, or are
> we ready to go to draft 20 proper?

I think we're ready to go to a draft 20.  Maybe wait a day and see if
anyone yells?

> If the latter, do I need to put "Final Call" anywhere in the document or
> any other admin stuff like that?

I don't think so, but I'm not entirely positive.

I think we want to do an internal Last Call combined with a public posting
of the draft on news.software.nntp, and see if that raises any issues.  If
it doesn't, we'll forward it for publication and the formal IETF Last
Call.  That way, we're not dealing with both the news.software.nntp input
and the IETF input at the same time, which should make things a little bit
easier.

If that doesn't sound like a good idea to anyone, please let me know.  I
expect that the news.software.nntp input will continue into the IETF Last
Call period; I don't want to wait too long for it before starting the IETF
procedure somewhat in parallel (just wait for a chance to post the draft
and then wait for the initial surge of comments to be past).