ietf-nntp LIST EXTENSIONS caching

Maurizio Codogno puntomaupunto at tin.it
Fri Oct 10 03:21:48 PDT 2003

"Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at demon.net>:

>Okay, here's the text I now have. Can people please comment on it? I
>will change the SHOULDs to MUSTs iff Russ tells me to.

For me it's ok, but I would like to point out that I have to
read it twice to understand that "MUST NOT rely" is different from
"MUST NOT use" (cached results). Could a clarificating sentence be
added in 5.3.2, like

>   An NNTP client may cache results, but it MUST NOT rely on any
>   cached results from this command, [...]

Notice that "may" is not written in uppercase.
The text in 11.6 is quite clear, btw.

ciao, .mau.