ietf-nntp Draft 20 pre-release 2

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 9 17:22:24 PDT 2003

Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:

> Your call as you're the WG chair.  I'm sure that you're aware that this
> will most likely come up again during the IESG review, especially if
> more of the "evil mail folks" get involved.  ;)

I'd like to get an opinion from someone who was arguing for allowing the
caching.  If we just disallow it completely in the name of expediency,
will that be strongly objectionable to any of you?

If we change it again, that will be the last time that we change it before
Last Call and then we'll see what happens.  I expect we'll have additional
issues raised then no matter what we do (since I plan on posting the whole
thing to news.software.nntp at the same time), so I want to hurry up and
get to that point.

I think that the LIST HEADERS problem has been resolved and we're just
waiting for someone to object to the apparent consensus.  That should take
care of the blockers for getting us to Last Call.