ietf-nntp Draft 20 pre-release 2

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Oct 9 08:24:10 PDT 2003

I have put Draft 20 pre-release 2 on my web site, at:

<http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft20.pre-2.txt>
<http://www.davros.org/nntp-texts/draft20.pre-2.html>

All comments welcome. In particular, I'd like to know that someone's done
a through review of 11.6 (new) and appendices C and D.

All of the following issues have been resolved:
* Section 11.6 now written.
* Reviewed references and moved some from normative to informative.
* Audited examples to ensure all response codes are legitimate.
* Audited ABNF using IETF tool.

Current outstanding issues:
* LIST HEADERS inconsistency.
* Waiting for the new RFC number to replace 2279.

Once we've settled the former I'll declare it to be draft 20 and send it to
the I-D Editors. Then, as far as I can see, we'll be ready for Final Call.

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646