ietf-nntp Re: LIST HEADERS inconsistency issue

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Oct 8 10:05:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:

> In other words, say that HDR must reject the command unless information
> about that header (its value or its nonexistence) is available for all
> articles in the specified range.

So you check that before sending the response code...but what if some of
the information becomes unavailable during the time in which the response
is being sent?

(Not that this is necessarily the only place where this sort of
concurrency might be a problem, but I'm wary of having the protocol
specification force complexity of implementation.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org