ietf-nntp Article concepts

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 27 12:53:47 PST 2003

Clive D W Feather <clive at on-the-train.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I'm not happy that this comes under the heading of editorial
> discretion. Can you, as chair, please either issue a decision or call a
> straw poll between:

> (1) All articles MUST have a message-id associated with them.
> (2) All articles SHOULD have a message-id associated with them.

> In case 1, I'll then change the wording and look for remaining
> problems. In case 2, we'll have to look at the problems I've already
> identified.

Yes.  I'll take this on.  I have a lot of traffic to catch up on and
information to post to the newsgroups about LIST OVERVIEW.FMT.  I hope to
catch up this weekend.  Sorry about running a bit behind.  (I just
finished a major work project and work should be lightening up for me now;
I just need to take care of an INN bug and then I can devote more time to
this working group again.)