ietf-nntp Title of AUTHINFO USER/SASL spec

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Mar 17 21:00:55 PST 2003

Now that the AUTHINFO stuff is separated from TLS, I have to figure out
what to call it.  In the References of the TLS draft, I tentatively said
"Using SASL with NNTP" -- but it hits me now that that document includes
AUTHINFO USER/PASS as well as AUTHINFO SASL.

So perhaps the best thing is "Authentication in NNTP" or something like
that...but yet it seems like -- since SASL is really the endpoint we're
aiming for -- perhaps SASL should be featured prominently in the title.

Thoughts?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org